to respectful and fair data protection.
This policy governs how we collect, protect, store, process, and use the personally identifiable information we collect from and about you.
This policy applies to memIQ's online and off-line activities, except where we have published other privacy policies or terms and conditions.
We collect personally identifiable information from you in the following ways:
- Information provided to us directly
You, or someone acting on your behalf, may provide personal data to us when you interact with us online and off line. For example:
- We may gather such things as name, physical address, email address and phone number when you contact or communicate with us;
- We may accept your CV when you apply for a job.
- Information from other sources
If you give us personal data on behalf of someone else (or someone else gives us personal data on your behalf), the person providing the personal data must have consent to do so from the person whose information is being provided to memIQ.
Some memIQ events, web sites or services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company.
How we use information we collect
We use personal data to conduct business, provide information and support for products and services, better understand your needs and interests, refine and develop our business, improve services, personalize communications and ensure a quality experience with memIQ. For example, we may use your information to:
- Communicate, interact and build our relationship with you;
- Contact you with relevant information about memIQ;
- Process, fulfill and follow up on transactions and requests for products, services, support, training and information;
- Engage in market research;
- Measure, analyze and improve our products and services, the effectiveness of our web sites, and our advertising and marketing;
- Personalize content and advertising;
- Help identify and communicate offers of products, programs and services that may be of interest to you;
- Consider your employment application;
- Comply with legal requirements; or
- How we share and disclose personal data
We may share or disclose your personal data as follows:
- As necessary, if we suspect a violation of our policies or to protect the rights or safety of any person or entity;
- Based on a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to respond to judicial process, valid government inquiry, or is otherwise required by law;
- In the event that memIQ or any of its assets are acquired, your information may be transferred with the company or the asset;
- To other third-parties for purposes you have allowed; or
- When posted by you or an authorized third-party to our wikis, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms and other social networking environments.
- Notice and choice
memIQ provides notice about its use of personal data in this policy, in our web pages, and in other locations where we collect information.
You can choose whether or not to provide your personal data to us. If you choose not to provide personal data, you can continue to interact with memIQ,
but you may be not be able to take advantage of certain offers, options, events and services that depend upon accurate personal data.
- Onward transfer
We will only share personal information with third parties if those third parties provide an adequate level of data protection to help ensure
the security of personal data.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the personal data we have
collected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
If you have a password, help protect any personal data accessible through it by keeping your password confidential.
If you share a computer, especially a public computer, terminate your Internet session by logging out and closing the browser to guard
against subsequent users having access to your information.
- Access and accuracy
We want to maintain the accuracy of your contact information. If you need to update or correct it, please do so by
us by mail,
e-mail or by telephone and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes as soon as possible. Before we make any changes,
we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request.
We may keep a copy of the prior information for our records.
Please note that this policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this policy without your explicit consent. We will post any policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice and we will also keep prior versions of this policy in an archive for your review.